The original residence of the owners of the Lišeň estate was a fortress from the early 17th century. In the 1920s In the 18th century, Jan Kryštof z Freynfels. The reconstruction project was probably made by Viennese builder Christian Alexander Odelt. In 1727, Jan Kryštof added a chapel of the Virgin Mary to the castle, which is decorated with Rococo paintings. The sculptural decoration of the chateau and the park was made by Antonín Schweigl. In 1819 the castle and the estate was inherited by the Belcredi family, who had the chateau adapted in the Classicist style. Due political changes, the chateau was expropriated in 1949. Furniture, castle library and art the items were taken away and the castle was rebuilt inconspicuously and unprofessionally for the needs of the time institutions. The ruthless use of the castle and farm buildings has made them huge devastation. The castle returned to the hands of the Belcredi family only after 1989 on the basis of restitution laws.
History of the Belcredi family
The Belcredi family (the full name of Belcredo Montalto Pavesse di Castelo) has its origins in in Lombardy, Italy, where their name appears among prominent patrician families as early as the year 1226. Their arrival in Moravia is connected with the name of Antonio Belcredi (1744 - 1812), he fought in the battle of Cologne in 1766. Thanks to his friend Jan Hubert of Freyenfels, who served with the same regiment, treated the castle in Lisen with the Freyenfels family. In Lisen Antonio he stayed until 1769, when he married the seventeen-year-old sister of Jan Hubert Marie Theodorou of Freyenfels. In 1819, the Freyenfels family dies by the sword and the Lichtenstein estate passes over to a son Marie Theodora and Antonio Belcredi - Eduard Belcredi (1786 - 1838). It happens for the first time the union of the Lišeň and Jimramovský domains, which Belcredi owned since then 1948.
During World War II, Belcredi promised loyalty to Czechoslovakia in the “Statement of the Czech Nobility President Beneš ”of 1939. Therefore, they were imposed on their property during the German occupation forced administration and economy have been greatly destroyed. After the war ended in 1945 he returned property once again into the hands of the Belcredi family. The leadership of the well-developing economy in Lisen takes over Louis Hugo Belcredi (1921-1981).
However, after the communist coup, Louis Belcredi was arrested in 1949 and spent two years of forced labor without a trial for "not engaging in socialist construction" in the internment camp. Despite his release, Louis Belcredi, as a partial invalid, made a living despite his education and language skills as a porter, warehouseman or as a conductor in the Brno trams.
All of Louis Belcredi's siblings went abroad and most of the family is scattered around the world. Richard Mořic Belcredi (1926 - 2015) settled in Germany, where he became a Free Europe employee and one of the representatives of Czechoslovak political emigration. After the 1989 revolution, he returned to his homeland and worked as an ambassador to Switzerland. Hugo Ludvík (1923 - 2012) went to Australia, but later he and his wife returned to the castle in Jimramov each year. Maria Theresa (1922 - 1978) married France to Prince Jan Lobkowitz. The youngest Egbert (* 1938) remained in Austria. After 1989, Belcredi was returned to the Belcredi family for restitution. Unfortunately, most of the property was in disrepair. They are currently managing property in Lisen and Jimram's family of Karl and Louis Belcredi.